Because of the way that some of the content is presented, you may occasionally see a big blank space in a blog post where I’ve promised a video or some other content. This is covered in OIT’s “Known Issues” section. Here is what they say about the matter:
A security setting in your browser may be preventing you from seeing content in your courses. If you click on a link to content pages for your course, it will either appear as a blank page or a pop up will appear warning you of unsecure content. Allowing mixed content will resolve this issue.
Note: Firefox and Chrome does not allow you to save the settings below. Therefore, the fixes for Firefox and Chrome must be done each time you visit the pages that have blocked content.
Browsers Affected: Internet Explorer 7+, Firefox 20+, Chrome
Issue (by IE version):
- Internet Explorer 7 & 8: Navigation to page has been canceled
- Internet Explorer 8: Security warning: Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely? (Click No to display all content)
- Internet Explorer 9: Page will show up blank with a warning at the bottom of your browser window indicating that content has been blocked and prompting you to Show All Content
Issue in Firefox and Chrome
- The page may show up incorrectly formatted and/or certain items may not show up at all.
Fix for Internet Explorer:
- Click Tools on the top of your Internet Explorer window or the Gear icon in the upper right hand corner.
- Select Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click the Internet icon.
- Click Custom level.
- Locate Display mixed content under Miscellaneous.
- Click the radio button next to Enable (the default setting is” Prompt “).
- Click OK to save your changes.
Fix for Firefox
- Check for a shield icon near your back button at the top of your screen:
- Click the shield icon and change the “Keep Blocking” to “Disable Protection on This Page”
- If the page, does not refresh, manually refresh the page. The content should be displayed correctly.
Fix for Chrome
- Click the shield icon at the end of the address bar
- Click on Load unsafe script
- Return to the page that was not displaying properly and you should see the missing content
If you continue to have difficulty accessing the blog material, be sure to contact the OIT Helpdesk.